OUR CORE VALES
• To continuously provide food, clothing and toiletries through a Hand To Hand Distribution process.
• To improve quality of life in the areas we support through health education.
• To work with local communities and businesses to rebuild homes and/or schools.
“Hand to Hand distribution.
This is what we know, this is what we do”
– FRAN JUSTE, FOUNDER OF HHBS
Helping Hands Bring Sunshine is entering its 7th year and we are so proud of what we have accomplished with your support, dedication and trust.
Founded in 2009 after two major hurricanes hit Haiti, HHBS had a general mission of distributing basic supplies to anyone in need. In 2010, an earthquake devastated the country and the needs became even greater. In 2011, knowing our limited resources could not be spread over the entire country, HHBS shifted focus and efforts to a school in Croix Des Bouquets.
Before HHBS sponsorship, this school had no walls, only a few desks, chairs, and blackboards, no food or water and little hope.
Since HHBS committed to making a change we have:
- Built walls and a roof.
- Purchased desks, chars, blackboards and school supplies.
- Subsidized the salaries of all nine teachers.
- Sent a team of HHBS ambassadors to Port Au Prince every year for Hand To Hand Distribution of school supplies, clothing and shoes to students, children, and families of the community.
On November 4, 2013, using generous donations from our supporters, we implemented a hot food program providing one hot meal a day to each student and teacher. What a great day it was for everyone! It reconfirmed to all of us that with your Helping Hands we can Bring Sunshine to all of the students and teachers.
On behalf of the students and teachers, HHBS would like to thank you for all that you do.
“ Helping Hands Bring Sunshine (HHBS) is my dream coming true. I’ve always had a burning desire to help people in need and dreamed of making a positive impact on their lives. I am very passionate about the mission of HHBS which is to help Haitians in need improve their daily living standards by lending a Helping Hand.
My vision is that HHBS will be known both nationally and internationally as the organization bringing continuous sunshine to those in needs. As the President & Founder of HHBS, I will make certain that every donation received will make it to the right hands. I am confident that HHBS will become a model for change and renewed hope in Haiti. Thank you for your support, thank you for your interest and thank you for making
my dream come true. ” – Fran Juste