Helping Hands Bring Sunshine (HHBS) is a 501c3 non-profit organization that aims to provide immediate and long- term relief to the communities in need throughout Haiti. Through Hand To Hand Distribution we are dedicated to improving the standards of living for the impoverished Haitian community by providing assistance, offering empowerment programs and partnering with others to bring about permanent change and renewed hope to the lives we touch.
• To continuously provide food, clothing, toiletrieS, AND SUPPLIES through Hand To Hand Distribution.
• Improve quality of life in the areas we support through health education.
• To work with local communities and businesses to rebuild homes and/or schools.
WHat WE do
“When I see the faces of the children during the distributions my eyes are filled with tears. We take so much for granted and don’t realize how just a “pencil” can put a huge smile on these childrens’ faces. It motivates me to see and experience what HHBS has been doing all these years. This non-for-profit actually goes themselves and distribute to the children in Haiti: so priceless. It means a lot to HHBS but even more to the children in Haiti knowing that somebody actually cares. I am so happy to be part of such a great team.”
— Michaele Juste, HHBS Ambassador
In 2008 Haiti was hit by four devastating hurricanes. Sitting in front of her T.V., Haitian born Fran Juste knew she had to do something – the pictures, the news announcements, the individual accounts of the survivors struck a cord in Juste's soul and she knew she had to act quickly. She started emailing friends and family asking for their help. Before she knew it, her living room was filled with boxes of shoes, toiletries, and canned food. Not knowing at that time how to ship these items, Juste knew one thing,
I knew that I needed to make sure these items made it directly into the hands of the people in need. The only way I could guarantee this was to hand deliver these items myself.
This is how hand-to-hand distribution was born and continues to be at the core of HHBS' process and on going mission.
• In 2011 HHBS sponsored a school in Croix Des Bouquetes. It started with a tent, two pillars, and a roof. With the help of our donors, we were able to build walls purchase blackboards, desks, and supplies for 200 students.
• In November of 2013 HHBS started a program which provides one hot meal and clean drinking water to each student.
• In November of 2016 Haiti was devastated once again, this time by Hurricane Matthew. Not only did the storm wreak havoc upon Haiti and its citizens, causing loss of many lives, property and infrastructure, but HHBS was impacted directly as well. Our school in Croix de Bouquets was underwater. All our efforts and hard work over the last 8 years were destroyed and we had to start from scratch. We refused to let Hurricane Matthew set us back or stop us in our tracks. Thanks to your donations, with assistance from The Emmanuel Lesly Brezault Foundation, we were able to provide relief to our community (water, rice, and canned food) and begin rebuilding our school.